Inspired by the immortal (yet sadly missed) Hunter S. Thompson, the staff of The Not Fake News has embarked on the once-in-a-lifetime adventure to chronicle the New Hampshire primaries in person. Our goal is to see every candidate at least once, and to get to know as many of them as well as we can manage. By doing so, we hope to be able to assist those of our readers who never get the chance.
Perhaps more important than this is the ability to give you a measure of understanding for the experience, perhaps that it might inspire you to become involved on a more personal level. If a candidate’s words speak to you in the way some of these have to me, you may consider becoming a volunteer. Everyone needs telephone workers, drivers, door-knockers, and support staff. It’s a way you can actually help that will make a difference in the world — not just between now and November but even beyond.
Don’t just complain about the way things are. Fix them. You have the power.
I’ll be listing the articles here in some order or other that makes sense to me. It could take a while; several aren’t written yet, and the Primaries are still under way.
About The Candidates:
- The 2020 Primaries: A Guidebook
- If you want to know more, there are appendices. Read your heart out.
Before New Hampshire:
The Fear And Loathing 2020 Tour — New Hampshire:
- Fear & Loathing 2020: Take The Iowa Challenge
- Fear and Loathing 2020: Escape From The Beltway
- A Note On Iowa
- F&L 2020: Are They For Real?
- Sports Desk: Steyer Floats Lead Balloon On Soylent Green New Deal
- Tom Steyer, Live — on Past Mistakes and a New Future
- The Not Fake News: Emergency Editorial
- Fear and Loathing 2020: Common Man Interlude
- In Defense Of Billionaires
- Fear & Loathing 2020: Sitting At The Loser’s Table
- Fear & Loathing 2020: Tactical Voting
- Tulsi at the VFW / Tulsi Revisited
- Vignete: Random Panera East of… Somewhere Or Other
- Editorial from the Sports Desk: Breakfast In Hell
- Fear and Loathing 2020: Interlude, Hotel Breakfast
- F&L 2020: A Victory For Us All
- Fear and Loathing 2020: Inspiration And Charisma
- Warren Out West: Lebanon, NH
- Fear and Loathing 2020: Coke on the Mojo Wire
- Vignette: Supreme Pizza, Exeter N.H.
- F&L: Amy Klobuchar From The Overflow Room
- F&L: Pete Buttigieg and his Big Tent
- F&L 2020: The New Hampshire Spirit — 24 Hours And Counting
- (Unwritten) Why I Don’t Write About Issues (or, They’re Supposed To Be The Experts)
- (Unwritten) Victory Parties: Biden, Steyer, Gabbard, and Bernie
- (Unwritten) Interlude: An Interview With Vermin Supreme
- F&L 2020: And The Winner Is…
- Fear and Loathing 2020: The Day After
- F&L 2020: Aside on The First Primary
Nevada and South Carolina
- Aside: On The Decoy Effect
- Fear and Loathing: Nevada Is Coming
- Fear & Loathing: CREEP
- F&L: Yes, Nevada Is A Caucus
- F&L: Pete Buttigieg and his Big Tent
- Fear and Loathing: The Tenth Debate / 2 A.M. Thoughts
- Fear and Loathing: The Conspiracy Against Sanders?
- F&L: What To Watch In South Carolina
Super Tuesday and Beyond
- F&L: Going Into Super Tuesday
- F&L: Wednesday The Sun Rose Clear
- F&L: And Then There Were Two… Uh, Three
Some Notes In Conclusion
Appendix: More About The Candidates
- F&L: Bernie Sanders Is A Democrat Now
- F&L: Elizabeth “No Nickname” Warren
- F&L: Joe Biden – Virtuous Veep or Goofy Uncle Joe?
- F&L: Buttigieg — the Saga of Mayor Pete
- F&L: Tulsi Gabbard and the Spirit of Aloha
- F&L: Amy Klobuchar and the Klobucharmy
- F&L: Andrew Yang and the Yang Gang
- F&L: Let’s Not Forget Tom Steyer
- F&L: Donald Trump and MAGA
- F&L: Mike Bloomberg Buys The DNC
- (Unwritten) Deval Patrick
- (Unwritten) Michael Bennet
- (Unwritten) Bill Weld
Random Thoughts Toward Something-Or-Other
- The World Is Full Of Stupid People
- It’s Not The 1%, Dammit
- Media Bias: An Unbiased Guide
- Help Fight Stupidity (from 2017)
- It’s Complicated
- Third Parties In 2020
- Losing In 2020
- Does One Vote Matter?
- Make America Good — For Once
Thanks for all the support and lively discussion, folks. Couldn’t have done this without you. Still can’t, in point of fact…